For all general enquiries, please contact the school’s main office using the details below:
Ms K Lees, Office Manager
Mrs Dawn Phipps; Executive Personal Assistant to the Principal
Telephone: 0121 743 3402
Reporting an absence
- All absences must be reported to the Attendance Officer before 9.00 am each day. parents or carers should report absences by calling on 0121 743 3402 (selecting Option 1) and leaving a message detailing the students name, tutor group and brief details of their reason for their absence. Alternatively parent or carer can email the school directly using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org leaving the same information. Where the school is not notified of an absence, the school will make contact with the child’s parent or carer.
- Parents or carers must call or email the school each day where the absence is prolonged and extends beyond one school day.
- A written letter, giving full details of the reason for absence, must be given to the tutor on your child’s return.
- If your child has been absent due to a medical appointment, please attach the appointment card/letter.
- Unexplained absences will be unauthorised by the school.
Request for absence of leave during term time
The law does not grant parents/guardians automatic right to take their child out of school during term time. Any absence from school will disrupt your child’s learning. You may consider that a holiday will be educational but your child will miss out on specialist teaching during their absence.
We would like to remind you that from September 2013, it became unlawful for students to be granted holiday from school term time and as such Head teachers are unable to give permission unless in exceptional circumstances. Further details are available from the school’s Attendance Officer – who can be contacted on either 0121 743 3402 or email@example.com
Summit Learning Trust
c/o Ninestiles, An Academy
Birmingham, B27 7QG
Telephone: 0121 628 1311
Contact name: Miss K Purchase – Executive Assistant to CEO