For the financial year 2019/2020 Lyndon School received £24,017 for Catch Up Premium related activities. Expenditure was aimed directly at improving provision for students that attract the premium which in turn further strengthened the schools ‘Quality First Teaching’ methodology. In brief we have been able to use the funds to:
- Provide targeted small group specialist tuition to aid progress and attainment in English; helping to plug gaps in learning and/or tackle underachievement.
- Provide additional support to improve literacy through individualised ‘Catch up’ reading programmes.
- Fund smaller classes for students that require additional support in year 7, 8 & 9.
- Strengthen our literacy strategy through additional resources that will help improve our students’ ability to read, write and communicate.
- In year school data analysis shows that the vast majority of students that attract the premium are ‘on track’ to achieve their challenging targets that have been set against FFT 20.
Threshold performance for students that attract the ‘Catch Up Premium.’07/2019
End of year target performance for students that attract the ‘Catch Up Premium 07/20.’