We have been advised by Public Health England that there has been a single confirmed case of COVID-19
within the school. We are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with Public Health
England. This letter is to inform you of the current situation and provide advice on how to support your
child. Please be reassured that for most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
The school remains open and providing your child remains well they can continue to attend school
as normal. We will keep this under review.
Where a student is identified as a contact we will write to their parents/carers separately confirming what
actions they need to take. If you do not receive any further correspondence this means that your
child has not been identified as a contact therefore providing your child remains well, they can
continue to attend school as normal.
What to do if your child develops symptoms of COVID 19
If your child develops symptoms of COVID-19, they should remain at home for at least 10 days from the
date when their symptoms appeared. Anyone with symptoms will be eligible for testing and this can be
arranged via https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test or by calling 119.
• All other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14
• The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
• Household members should not go to work, school or public areas and exercise should be taken
within the home.
• Household members staying at home for 14 days will greatly reduce the overall amount of infection
the household could pass on to others in the community
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
• a new continuous cough and/or
• a high temperature and/or
• a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
If your child or anyone in the household does develop symptoms, you can seek advice from NHS 111 at
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/ or by
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID19
• wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• wash your hands as soon as you get home
• cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Further information is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Mr A Butt