For the financial year 2014/2015 Lyndon School has received £356,224 for Pupil Premium related activities. Expenditure was aimed directly at improving provision for students that attract the premium which in turn further strengthened the schools ‘Quality First Teaching’ methodology. In brief we have been able to use the funds to:
- Provide targeted small group specialist tuition to aid progress and attainment in English, Mathematics and Science; helping to plug gaps in learning and/or tackle underachievement.
- Provide additional support to improve literacy through ‘Catch up’ reading programmes.
- Provide additional support to improve literacy through ‘Catch up’ numeracy programmes.
- Fund College and University visits to underpin the schools vision of raising aspirations by strengthening transfer beyond the age of 16.
- Provide ‘Aim Higher’ style mentoring so that students are better informed, prepared and more proactive in securing their next step; whether it be in education, employment or training.
- Provide accredited ‘Careers Information Advice and Guidance’ so that students that are entitled to the premium securely make and sustain their next step in their learning journeys.
- Provide students with the opportunity to take part in National initiatives, for example the Challenge programme to develop students emotional literacy.The impact of the projects that took place were as followsProvisional data for the leavers of 2015, the proportion of students that were entitled to the premium achieving 5+A*-C including English and Mathematics was 30%; a significant improvement from 10% in 2011.Progress:
|2015 Pupil Premium||
|Expected progress in English for Pupil Premium Students||34%||52%|
|Better than expected progress in English for Pupil Premium Students||10%||17%|
|Expected progress in Mathematics for Pupil Premium Students||23%||54%|
|Better than expected progress in Mathematics for Pupil Premium Students||5%||19%|
For the financial year 2015/2016 Lyndon School has received £356,224, which will be allocated to the above activities