Lyndon & Cockshut Hill Academy Council
Our Academy Councils play an important role in supporting the Board of Trustees and providing key elements of local governance for schools. Cockshut Hill School and Lyndon School have a joint council consisting of representatives from both schools.
The Academy Council are responsible for:
– ensuring the academy is operating within the mission and ethos of the trust and contributing to the trust’s key strategic priorities .
– monitoring the quality of teaching and learning, attendance, behaviour and safety, within the academy and progress against the academy improvement plan.
– holding school leaders to account for improvement of standards in the school.
– engaging with wider academy activities as a means of monitoring overall quality.
– ensuring compliance with the Trusts policy for Safeguarding and that the Academy maintains a ‘culture of vigilance in respect of all safeguarding matters.
– appointing all staff except Principals, teaching staff on Leadership Scale and Support Staff on Grade 6 or above.
Please see below the members of the Cockshut Hill & Lyndon Academy Council. For further details on the governance and statutory information of Ninestiles Academy Trust, please click here